[Bismark-devel] bismark software package requirements

Poole, Brian bpoole at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 7 21:41:59 EDT 2011

Well, I got the first bismark package (and the custom feed) setup. It's ugly (very ugly) but I'm getting a handle on the package building system so it should shape up pretty quickly.

I foresee splitting off the D-ITG & shaperprobe into their own package and just adding dependencies to reduce the complexity of the bismark package. We'll probably ultimately also have a few bismark-* pkgs rather than just one to allow for different levels of participation but that can be thought about a little later.

Walter, what about the tar that Sri built was wrong? I would like to get the packages further along tomorrow and knowing that will help. I did see a couple of symlinks (rather than original files) were packed in the keys and that there are some non-essential ITG binaries included. Were there other problems?

Also, I think moving /root/scripts/* and /root/bin/* into /usr/bin or /usr/sbin as appropriate would be a good idea. Other than a few path updates I can't imagine this causing much of a problem. Opinions? Any scripts/binaries that you know would be sbin versus bin?

Finally, I'm guessing that the authorized_keys and known_hosts will probably be moved from the bismark svn to the source control for the custom feed. This is because we don't want to just copy those files in (might overwrite what the user already had) but rather concatenate the keys dynamically as part of a post-install process for the package. I'm not 100% on this yet as I haven't played with the post-install but I encountered a similar situation with /etc/rc.local (which was already being provided by another core package.)

Brian