[Bismark-devel] upnp

Dave Taht d at taht.net
Sun Apr 17 10:39:17 EDT 2011

On 04/17/2011 08:22 AM, Nick Feamster wrote:
> Shouldn't the box have this enabled?  I'm not sure, but certain things on my network seem broken (e.g., apple remote doesn't work when I'm associated to the SSID of the WNDR 3700), and I suspect it might be a upnp support issue.  When I try to install from the Web interface, I get this:
>
> Installing miniUPNPd ...
> Installing package...
> Unknown package 'miniupnpd'.
>
> 1. Is it important to install upnp?  (I think so, but I'm not an expert on this.)
> 2. If so, how to fix this?
>
> -Nick

Actually upnp may not be all of what you need. You may also need mdns
installed, too.

Regrettably (as mentioned earlier) huchra is down temporarily. If you
have the ability to do your own build, you can look in the available
feeds for additional packages you might like to have, and install them.

You should update your package database to point to the right place on
the router, too. That file is /etc/opkg.conf - when doing my own
development I point that to my laptop

cd src/wndr3700
./scripts/feeds list | less
# capture the additional packages you might like to have in the future
# somewhere, I'm sure you will see stuff you might find useful
./scripts/feeds install each package you like # capture this list for
later incorporation into the generic ~/bin/install_std_packages file
make menuconfig
# Select the new packages you want to build (usually I select "m" for
packages I just want to try, and then later incorporate them in the
image if that's good)
# As a time saver, usually I just do a quick make menuconfig then save,
then edit the .config file
# directly to enable what I want.

In this case it would be

./scripts/feeds install miniupnpd mdnsresponder

make menuconfig # then save

The .config options to change would look like:
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_miniupnpd is not set

#
# IP Addresses and Names
#
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ddns-scripts=m
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_mdnsresponder is not set

# So uncomment the above and make it be:

CONFIG_PACKAGE_mdnsresponder=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_miniupnpd=m

# do a
make

# assuming these packages are correct, the builds will show up in your
bin/packages directory