[Bismark-devel] [#92] Additional time syntax?

Dave Taht d at taht.net
Sun Apr 17 21:04:09 EDT 2011

I tossed of a quick port of the gnu time utility to the wndr3700, but
lack the hardware to try it.

get the test binary from:

http://www.teklibre.com/~d/cerowrt/time

and let me know if it works. (you will want to remove the existing
"time" symlink on your router if it does). Make sure it's measuring
accurate time...

Secondly, I started at a shared openwrt repository for some new
packages. github doesn't need any IT resources, and is free for open
source users, so I used their service.

See https://github.com/dtaht/ceropackages for details

You can do a read-only checkout via

git clone git://github.com/dtaht/ceropackages.git

If you want read/write access, create and/or let me know your account on
github

You can add the above to your package feeds by editing feeds.conf adding
this line

src-git cerowrt git://github.com/dtaht/ceropackages.git

then doing a ./scripts/feeds update

I tossed gnu time in there, but it is not fully baked yet, although I
did a patch to make it compile manually, I didn't figure out how to do
that right for openwrt. see commit log and Makefile for details.

You can add gnu time to (and break) your existing build by:

./scripts/feeds install time
make menuconfig # add gnu time as a module
make

I'm kind of hoping that having shown this example, someone else will
take it through the last step of making it into a working package! :)