[Bismark-devel] FCC app progress: django

Nick Feamster feamster at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 18 01:57:54 EDT 2011

(sorry for list cross-posting)

Srikanth, Abhishek, Walter,

Small, slow progress on the FCC app---

I have a written a very simple server with django.  I've got the django server hooked up to our bismark mysql database.  It's basically a slick python wrapper for doing Web development with a database back-end.   The setup is ugly right now, but it's a proof of concept, and it works (django is talking to our back-end).  For example:
http://networkdashboard.org:8000/summary/

Django has templates that will allow us to make this slick and pretty, but it's getting a little late for that tonight.

I think we can whip up some quick visualizations of what's in the DB with a nice Web page with some concerted python hacking.  For starters, it would be nice to have a version of the data whereby queries can actually complete in a reasonable time.  :-)  What's the best way to do this?  Split the table by months?

I will check what I have into the bismark source tree so that others can work on this.  (I'm looking at Abhishek :-)

-Nick