[Bismark-devel] Bismark flash success! + 5 GHz radio issue

Dave Taht d at taht.net
Wed Apr 20 18:12:29 EDT 2011

On 04/20/2011 03:24 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
>> A few other points
>> - strangely, telnet didn't work after flash, but I was able to set
>> the root password by going to the web interface instead

hmm

>> - it would be nice if we could enable the radios by default, perhaps
>> as part of a startup script

The problem here is that there is a script ("wifi") that runs on first
boot that has to dynamically determine the mac addresses. I otherwise
mostly agree, it would be nice if the radios went up by default, but
that is "insecure" by default....

So maybe there is a way to get wifi to run with a reasonable default for
encryption etc?

>> To idiot-proof the instructions, we should tell people when to
>> connect the WAN port to the uplink (perhaps right before a reboot,
>> after configuring the root password?  that seems to be a fool-proof
>> place)

It's a wiki, anybody can change it. If you think something can be
improved or changed, go right ahead and *do* it. Someone can always
change it differently on you later. There are no trees to be killed,
only electrons to be burnt. Do try to call people's attention to dubious
changes in email...