[Bloat] Bufferbloat: Dark Buffers in the Internet (ACT II, Scene I)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 04:56:33 EST 2011

Aggh! It's out already?

re:

http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2071893

All: This collaboration between Kathie Nichols and JG is a major
update, enhancement, revision and replacement of the original 'Dark
Buffers' presentations,  and contains quite a few new bits of data,
several corrections for accuracy, new analogies, some new, clearer
plots via Van Jacobson, and a whole lot more.

And my own moment of major enlightenment came from... ya know... I'm
not gonna tell ya. It's a good piece, well worth reading,
even if you think you already understand everything there is to
understand about bufferbloat.

(hint - see figure 4B and the surrounding paragraphs). Suddenly a
whole lot of very fuzzy data made a whole lot of sense to,me.

Please pass it along.