Temp range for wndr3700

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Aug 31 10:27:19 PDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Jim Gettys <gettysjim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Remember: you were near the ocean in high humidity in Nicaragua; failing due to warm, humid salt air is always a headache....  Temperature by itself is far from the whole story.

And Haiti, and Jamaica.

> Maybe sminthbone can throw a few in olpc's environmental chamber as a quick test....

We can run them hot but we don't have humidity and salty.  You can add
water into the tray at the bottom to make it humid but there's no
control.

I know that corrosion is a possible problem but unless the boards are
conformal coated all of them will be subject to corrosion.  That's
certainly a concern but a much longer term concern.

--
Richard A. Smith
One Laptop per Child