branching the kernel, etc.

Dan McDonald danmcd at nexenta.com
Sun Feb 6 16:01:56 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 11:09:36AM -0700, Dave Täht wrote:

<SNIP!>

> * Different solutions for different OSes
>
> Related to all that is recruiting a BSD person, MS person, embedded
> person, etc into the herd of cats.

I'm lurking here on behalf of Illumos (the fork from formerly-Open Solaris).
In Illumos we can exert a *bit* more quality control, but most Illumos
developers have day jobs not *directly* related to the TCP/IP stack.

In other words, I have no time to contribute data.  I can, given solid
measurements, sway the powers-that-be in Illumos to possibly take in
appropriate changes.

Dan