Saving the mice in HTB, and others

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:44:50 EDT 2011

While I am circulating privately a proposal for vastly improving
diffserv support in Linux, I've completed a proposal for adding
support for marking or dropping packets in the various qdiscs while
trying harder to not shoot packets that have no effect on downstream
bandwidth.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Save_the_Mice

It's a fairly simple function that could be added to all packet
dropping qdiscs, and perhaps will improve matters greatly. It merely
remains to be tried... I'll code it up in a week or two unless someone
beats me to it.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://the-edge.blogspot.com