[Babel-users] QoS for system critical packets on wireless

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jun 24 08:52:28 EDT 2011

>> Once you've fought the bloat, there's hopefully no further need to
>> classify these packets.

> As for classification, with asymmetric networks, the canonical example
> of some level needed is moving interactive packets up in priority over
> uploads.

Unless your network is badly underprovisioned, some form of roughly
fair share scheduling (say, SFQ) should be all you need.

> Once you admit there is some need for classication,

I certainly don't.  We should be simplifying our networks, not making
them even more complex.  (Dave, I'm seriously worried you're heading in
the wrong direction.)

> I admit some fondness for diffserv...

The first step is to admit you have a problem ;-)

-- Juliusz