[Bloat] Progress with latency-under-load tool

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 02:43:53 EDT 2011

On 21 Mar, 2011, at 6:09 am, Daniel Brooks wrote:

> Oof. I guess the loopback driver could use some work as well :)

Either that or there is some strange timing effect going on that I should be aware of.  I'm going to try to run some more tests to see if I can get the smoothness and responsiveness values up, but if any of you notice something bizarre...

Be aware however that both smoothness and responsiveness are taken as the absolute worst cases observed.  If there is a bell curve, you're going to be looking at outliers.  Perhaps I should calculate something like a 7-number summary to sanity-check it.

 - Jonathan