[Bismark-devel] Buffalo WZR-HP-G301NH appears useful

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:40:14 EDT 2011

WZR-HP-G300NH appears to be a slightly earlier version of this model.

IF we're going to try doing a build and testing against another breed of
router, I'd love it if two could be here by wednesday.... or drop the idea
entirely for capetown.

Go/no go decision/purchase please?

They are readily available from newegg and elsewhere, via google search....

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=WZR-HP-G300NH&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=1565461241313739995&sa=X&ei=2ELITau7GIHg0QG2_9WxCA&ved=0CFEQ8wIwAA#

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, more important to me right now is knowing how many wndr3700v2 routers
> we can QA *right now*, and when the next 10 are arriving.
>
> And seriously, everywhere I've been in the 3rd world, 2.4 ghz is HOPELESSly
> polluted.
>
> So the wndr3700v2 remains the best in breed for us.
>
> But: sure, firing up a build for the buffalo and testing that in parallel
> won't take much time, and I LOVE having multiple vendors for stuff that
> could be obsoleted at any second. Netgear's CTO has never got back to me on
> assuring supply....
>
> And any time you can cut the BOM in half, is a good time.
>

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Nick Feamster <feamster at cc.gatech.edu>wrote:
>
>> The SamKnows guys also pointed us to this router as a possibility.
>>
>> Should we get a few to play with here during your visit?
>>
>> -Nick
>>
>> On May 4, 2011, at 1:26 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
>>
>> > Although we are having GREAT results with the wndr3700v2 on both the
>> bismark and iscwrt projects, word is that the Buffalo WZR-HP-G301NH is the
>> same hardware, and comes with 32MB flash/64MB ram, and costs less than 70
>> dollars from newegg.
>> >
>> > I personally happen to be a huge fan of 5.x ghz technology (2.4 ghz is
>> hopelessly polluted) but for those out there that don't need 5.Xghz, and
>> want to save on costs (the wndr3700v2 is 139 dollars)...
>> >
>> > AND wants to play with one of these buffalo routers, I'm willing to
>> start doing builds for it...
>> >

>> > --
>> > Dave Täht
>> > SKYPE: davetaht