I put up Ubuntu 10.10 final amd64 debloat-testing packages...

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:34:44 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Jim Gettys <jg at freedesktop.org> wrote:

> They can be found in
> http://mirrors.bufferbloat.net/Builds/
>
> I've been running this for about two hours.  No serious testing has been
> done, and certainly no warranty.  No kittens have died as yet.

In order to test tc + SFB fully, iproute2 needs to  be released for 2.6.39.

http://devresources.linuxfoundation.org/dev/iproute2/download/

There is the development branch of iproute2 containing the SFB and CHOKe
stuff in the 'net-next' branch of the git tree:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shemminger/iproute2.git

which contains that code.

So far as I know the 2.6.39 kernel contains the following
interesting-to-debloaters patches.

SFB, Choke packet schedulers
Fixes to the pfifo_fast qdisc to "do the right thing" for ECN enabled
packets
Fixes for ECN with IPv6, which was totally borked before. (I don't know if
this patch made it, actually)

The current releases of capetown/cerowrt, nearly final, also have all this
stuff backported to 2.6.37.6. These openwrt releases enable RED on the wired
wan interface. Theoretically.

Have fun hacking!

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608