10GigE hw?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:52:24 PST 2012

I am hoping to add some 10GigE capable hardware to the mix at bloatlab
#1. There is a profusion of such, and I see there is BQL support for
several devices in that range now.

any recommendations? Specifically I'd like to be playing with
something that can exercise mqprio, and/or is otherwise multi-queued
in hardware.

On the really high end the octeon stuff looked fun, but getting it to
do what I really want (implement sfqred and/or qfq in hardware) looks
like far more work than I'd be willing to take on. There was also a
lower end device from moto (name escapes me at the moment) that did
wred in hardware. My principal interest on this sort of hardware is to
find abstractions that can push up aqm concepts up and down the stack
from the hardware.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net