[Cerowrt-devel] grants and funding ops

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 13:34:27 EDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:
> Looks like we meet all the criteria!
> Is there a non profit registered for cero?

Various forms of profit/non-profit have been discussed and I have
little doubt that something will exist by the beginning of the year.
What form(s) it will take, is kind of unknown.

My own reluctance to form an actual non-profit for this and
bufferbloat.net is based on having to deal with accounting and tax
overheads.
I'd rather hack. 20 months back... it seemed better to try and
associate with an existing org, rather than go it independently.
Keeping a for-profit going is simpler, but not where my spirit is
unless I get so POed at the existing cpe/home gateway makers to raise
investors to actually design/build/ship cero-2 hardware that works the
way we want.

I note that openwrt itself is now associated with spi, so there is a
means to get external resources (such as the above grants) more
directly into them, now.

I would certainly like some discussion/voting here as to where/how to
go forward. Another 6-18 month development cycle lies ahead.

Another discouragement is that I'd hoped that more people would be
able to build cero, and that my main mental "target market" was to get
the academic/research community actually doing valid research using up
to date operating systems, in the end. Somehow.