Fwd: [Ns-developers] NS-3 has been accepted for GSOC 2013

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 04:17:39 EDT 2013

Andrew and I haven't had time to update the ns3 model to the current
versions of codel, fq_codel, and sfq_codel. I don't really expect that time
to materialize.

However I am certainly willing to mentor someone (other mentors would be
good, too!) on moving the codebase forward (and developing further
tests/papers) and pushing it into the mainline code, this summer, as part
of the GSOC program.

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2013Projects#INSTOOLS_for_ns-3

Any takers? See further below for more details.

The old (may, 2012) ns3 codebase is in git

https://github.com/dtaht/ns-3-dev

and the latest ns2 codebase which has sfq_codel in it is hosted on pollere

http://pollere.net/CoDel.html

Despite the name the sfq_codel codebase has morphed to be very similar to
the fq_codel codebase, but they do remain different in several approaches.