Enabling Byte Queue Limits in the ath5k wireless driver

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Sat Oct 5 23:39:59 EDT 2013

BQL does make sense, but TQL would be even better - 'Time Queue Limits'.
Which would work based on an estimate of how much time each packet will
take to send, and limiting the hardware queue to contain a total mount
of 'time'. The purpose of the hardware queue is to mask interrupt and
other latencies involved in refilling an empty queue - a time based
phenomenon. Hence time is the best metric to control it - with fixed
speed interfaced like ethernet bytes=time, but not so on wireless.

Simon