Help me get started please

Siavash Eghlimi eghlimidev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:22:54 EDT 2017

Hey everyone, hope you all good...

I write applications. recently, i started working on Linux kernel. i really
like the network subsystem;
I want to work on buffer-bloat, specifically. I wanna base my mastery's
Thesis on it...

my questions are:
1- where to start? the TCP/IP stack is big enough as it is (in Linux), let
alone trying to think about something else to add or change....
2- List of what I should know BEFORE hand; before starting to work on
buffer-bloat. should I study AQM ? Network Congestion? or ...
3- Any resources? Books specially. articles, websites etc... Maybe I need
to study Linux code first or whatever. I just don't know...

in other words: "I wanna start working on this problem in Linux. what
should i do? what to read? etc. etc."

Please advise

Thanks in advance
Siavash Eghlimi