BBR performance on LTE

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:07:03 EST 2019

I am a huge believer in also seeing the baseline *.flent.gz files and other
plots you can get via the flent-gui... if you could post them somewhere or
send to me privately? Two examples are obtaining the baseline RTT,
and it would be my hope, over time, that BBR would have found the baseline
RTT later in the test (the up or down bandwidth plots) than is shown by
these summary plots. Also as much as I love the rrul tests for quickly
showing the characteristics of a link under load, BBR makes the assumption
that flows start up one at a time, and a better string of basic tests would
be to use tcp_nup or tcp_ndown.

>From squinting... It looks like the *baseline* RTT in this test is ~200ms.
There really isn't much in this world that works particularly well with
RTTs this large.