[Bloat] Need more proposals for Linux Plumber's Conference!

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Apr 26 16:34:15 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 01:29:57PM -0600, Dave Taht wrote:
> I will be meeting with jim after his talk at google today, and perhaps
> we can nail a few ideas to the wall.
>
> What did you want your talk to be, john?
>
> Ideas:
>
> 1) Beating the Bloat - a progress update from the project
>
> 2) Latency matters - the real behavior of voip, gaming, dns, arp, etc,
> under Linux today
>
> 3) Fixing the embedded Linux software maintenance model
>
> Other suggestions?

Those all sound great -- although, #3 might be more appropriate for
the "general" track?

I proposed a version of #2 for LinuxCon, so I could probably cover it.
But I figured it would just be part of the "intro" session I've
already proposed.  Some more "in depth" version of some facet of #2
could be good, if you would like to propose it.

Perhaps Jim could be persuaded to propose some version of the talks
he has been giving?

I sent an email to VJ (assuming I had the right email address) in
hopes I might persuade him to participate.  If you know him, feel
free to use your own personal influence on him!

What I would really like is to see some of the vendors (e.g. Cisco
and the like) participating, and some academics as well.

I'll buy the beer? :-)

John