[Bloat] Summary: Windows file sharing

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 1 01:57:28 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> I believe my Windows file sharing is finally working by making the router a WINS server.

Not quite yet.  On my wife's laptop (Windows XP), I can browse to
\\DESKTOP\My Documents (Windows 7).  I changed the path of the My
Documents folder on the laptop to be \\DESKTOP\My Documents. But when
I try to synchronize the folder on the laptop (to the Desktop),
Windows reports an error, saying the network path no longer exists.
This used to work when all the computers were on the same subnet.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it!  Maybe there's a different
protocol for this synchronization which needs to be configured.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us