[Bloat] Summary: Windows file sharing

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:15:40 EST 2011

My guess is what happened is during the 'GREAT RENAMING'
of workgroups to different workgroups.

windows got confused as to what was where, when.

Another guess is that perhaps you need to have the username
and password databases synced between the three devices.

Or merely between the two windows devices.

You are probably browsing as 'guest' for example.

And then trying to connect as 'guest.

Not sharing
files as 'guest' but only to a specific users should make them
stop showing up as browseable to non-users,

and when you connect will prompt you for a password.

(which you can then let it memorize)