[Bloat] getting started with mesh networking

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Dec 12 10:55:43 EST 2011

> however they assume a lot of prior knowledge. I'd like to set up mesh
> networking where I simply add routers to extend the mesh.

I would suggest that you use an ordinary Linux distribution to set up
your first AHCP server, following the instructions in the upstream ahcpd
readme[1].  Once you've set up a functioning AHCP server and got your first
AHCP client to configure itself, it should be trivial to add additonal
nodes to your network, whether using upstream or OpenWRT-modified
versions of ahcpd and babeld.

Sorry for that, but the OpenWRT packaging of ahcpd is somewhat opaque --
for some reason, the OpenWRT folks insist on rewriting everything in
their own configuration language.

-- Juliusz

[1] http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/ahcp/README.text