[Bloat] How do we shift the market?

Eric Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Feb 6 12:58:11 PST 2011

Jim Gettys <jg at freedesktop.org>:
> But if we don't shift the market discussion, bufferbloat won't get
> fixed, nor avoided in the future.

Quite right.  I followed through pretty much the same logic in
propagating open source out of the geek ghetto.  Morte emphasis on the
business and finance press in my case; I don't think that would be
as appropriate here.

We need to continue to think about this, but I believe there isn't any need
to make any tactical commitments about which media outlets to pursue
until we've got more test tools and demonstrations.

jg, you sound like you've got your hands free doing live demos and
talks.  If you want to hand off any of the writing projects to me,
tell me.