[Bloat] First draft of complete "Bufferbloat And You" enclosed.

richard richard at pacdat.net
Sat Feb 5 14:48:58 EST 2011

Having been one of the commercial internet pioneers here in Canada, I've
spent a lot of time dealing with the end users.

I like to write, and one of the things I try to do is explain computer
problems to my dumb relatives, customers, friends etc.

I like your vehicle analogy but I think today's network-using public can
relate better to a real-world situation in the internet so I've put
together my own article on the problem. I'd already started the article
last week and finally got to finish it today.
http://digital-rag.com/article.php/Buffer-Bloat-Packet-Loss

It could have some more technical terms (latency for example) added to
it but I limited it to the concept of window and ACK for now.

It takes the content of a recent ad from a local ISP and talks about
what is actually going on "under the hood"

richard