[Bloat] Growing pains

Dave Täht d at taht.net
Tue Feb 22 16:50:06 EST 2011

The server lists.bufferbloat.net is on crashed last night, the flow of
email through the list should resume shortly[1]

I guess now would be a good time to mention this:

We are in the process of acquiring more servers and more co-location
facilities, worldwide. isc.org has graciously donated an 8 core server
for use as a build co-ordinator and other duties. That should be up
fairly soon.

We've also had offers of servers in the middle USA, UK, and Canada, and
there's the possibility of co-lo space in Amsterdam - but it would be
nice to have a plan and more worldwide coverage to sort out before we move
further forward on that.

If you have servers, hw, or rackspace somewhere, notably Europe/South
America/Asia/Australia/New Zealand - we are looking for:

* Web site mirrors
* Build servers/clusters
* Test boxes running multiple operating systems (solaris/BSD/Linux/windows)
* Routers (of all sorts)
* IPv6 native and tunneled access methods
* Routers running AQM
* Client side access behind common home gateways
* Hosting services for local git repositories
* Statistics collection via NTP and other tools
* Exploring ECN across a wide variety of networks

At this time all we can offer is the warm, fuzzy feeling that whoever
helps, is helping to improve the internet.

I imagine strong business cases for that, too.

--
Dave Taht
http://nex-6.taht.net

1: this is a test message.