[Bloat] Letter to CACM?

Dave Täht d at taht.net
Sun Feb 6 11:14:39 EST 2011

Eric Raymond <esr at snark.thyrsus.com> writes:

> They had a useful suggestion.  They think we ought to ship the overview
> as a letter to CACM.  "Everybody gets that," they pointed out.

I don't but paper had a hard way of getting to me for the last 4 years.

> Yeah, I can see it.  Getty, J., Raymond, E.S., Taht, D.  "Packet Loss
> Considered Helpful"  OK, I kid about the title.

I think the title is expressive, snarky, revolutionary, chock full of
wonderful historical references, and people will "get it".

:)

I do feel that focusing on the desirability of packet loss, alone, would
have a marvelously focusing effect on a letter.

The wireless side is a quagmire that I hope to get to writing about
semi-coherently today.

> Should I put this shipping to CACM my to-do list for when the overview
> is done?  Jim, especially looking for your judgment; you'd be the
> obvious designee for lead author even if the alphabetical order didn't
> fall that way.

How to crack the economist?

--
Dave Taht