[Bloat] Animation

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Feb 8 10:43:25 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 07:54:57AM +0100, Richard Scheffenegger wrote:

> I've created a simplistic simulation of bufferbloat with ns2-2.34.
>
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/attachments/15/nam00000.avi

Looks good -- I _think_ I almost understand what I'm seeing... :-)

> The animation is released under CC 3.0 - I explicitly invite you to
> ie. voice over the animation, use parts of it (ie. time-lapse for
> beverity) etc.

I hope someone does this.  If nothing else, maybe even just an
accompanying script or some text overlay during the animation would
be nice.

Hopefully you/we can clarify the issue for knuckle-dragging "layer 2"
guys like me that have been trained into the "don't drop packets"
mentality.  Some of the recent writings have been good for this too.
But a lot of the posts on this list and the blogs have amounted to a
URL with a comment like "the problem here is obvious" -- leaving me
to squint and scratch my head...

Given my associations with Linux and wireless, I am interested in
working on this problem.  Still, I (and presumably others) may need
some hand-holding!

John