[Bloat] Background Bufferbloat Detector

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Feb 18 16:27:23 EST 2011

> Perhaps Simon Morris can be asked, if latency information can be
> released together with the bandwidth data taken off the global
> population of bittorrent clients...

Having the µTorrent clients spy on their users and phone home with the
information is not something the BTI managers are likely to feel good
about, no matter how inncocuous the information.  (Recall that their
user-base tends to be paranoid, and rightly so, and that µTorrent is not
open-source.)

On a related note, please feel free to develop a prototype based on
Transmission -- we've just finished merging µTP into the trunk:

  https://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11130#p52594

--Juliusz