[Bloat] ECN & AQM Hall of Fame?

Dave Täht d at taht.net
Sun Jan 30 20:03:59 EST 2011

> On 01/30/2011 05:40 PM, Richard Scheffenegger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> wasn't there talk about getting a Hall of Fame for networks / operators, which are using and actively supporting AQM and ECN in their administrative domain?
>>
>> I just looked at some traces to troubleshoot SMTP with GMX (german freemail/hosting provider), and noticed that they are in fact negotiating for ECN on their mail servers:

One data collection method I've been thinking about was using hooks on
network chains (netfilter) to gather statistics on the actual incidence
of ECN and SACK/DSACK.

I have found a lot of places that negotiate ECN but have rarely seen ECN
actually get used on the path.

We'd need an ECN hall of fame and a separate SACK related one too.

--
Dave Taht
http://nex-6.taht.net