[Bloat] Notes about hacking on AQMs

Jesper Dangaard Brouer jdb at comx.dk
Wed Jun 8 11:27:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 16:57 +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> Just add to your HTB some RED qdisc ? You have a framework to build
> whatever is needed. Dont try to use a "single magic thing that will
> solve all my problems". This reminds me the ESFQ attempt : Patrick
> prefered to plug an external classifier in SFQ, instead of adding
> specialized code in each possible Qdisc.

While this is a good coding approach, the end result is that nobody is
using this stuff, because "tc" is so difficult to use, and its error
feedback is so lousy that you will never figure out your small syntax
errors.

I wonder if Thomas Graf ever finished/release his alternative to tc?

[...]
> I like the time being the feedback instead of queue length (hard to
> tune, especially if bandwidth is unknown)

I love the idea of using the delay time as parameter/feedback :-)

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer