[Bloat] Notes about hacking on AQMs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:51:34 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le mercredi 08 juin 2011 à 11:27 -0400, Jesper Dangaard Brouer a écrit :
>
>> While this is a good coding approach, the end result is that nobody is
>> using this stuff, because "tc" is so difficult to use, and its error
>> feedback is so lousy that you will never figure out your small syntax
>> errors.
>>

> Well, I agree its really hard to even use 10% of tc features, but isnt
> human brain has the same problem ? ;)
>
> Most people playing with AQM setups are using scripts, or even script
> generators for complex/dynamic cases.

And they are *all* wrong to varying extents, which is why I like the
'mondo classifier' idea for DSCP+firewalling mentioned earlier on this
thread. Converging on several standards for packet marking vs the
adhoc-ness of thousands of different partial solutions that now exist
really makes sense to me.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://the-edge.blogspot.com