[Bloat] Notes about hacking on AQMs

Jesper Dangaard Brouer jdb at comx.dk
Thu Jun 9 12:04:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 18:41 +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> BTW, latest stuff uses DRR & HFSC ;)
>
> Patrick sample script is here :
> http://people.netfilter.org/kaber/shaping

I'll add a sample script to the collection:
 http://people.netfilter.org/hawk/shaper-example/qos-DRR-example

I did that script as a consultant task.  Its based on HTB + DRR + SFQ.
The customer was a large apartment building complex, which wanted to
provide fair queue scheduling.  The residents could choose between two
Internet subscriptions a "small" upto 100Mbit/s shared, and a "big" upto
390 Mbit/s shared.  Within each group they achieve fair sharing via DRR.
And each DRR subqueue is a SFQ queue to give the person fair sharing
between his "own" traffic (or if the hash clash and several users get in
the same queue).