[Bloat] Animation

Daniel Brooks db48x at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 02:22:02 EST 2011

I saw the video that Richard posted, and I agree that it needs to be
accompanied by an explanation. Text is the simplest way to go, and
subtitles can be abused for this purpose, so I converted the video to a
WebM file and put it up on my webserver at
http://db48x.net/bufferbloat/. I then used universalsubtitles.org to add
subtitles to it; You can check them out at
http://universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/qstl1K7mdGuq/. The subtitles are
also supposed to show up on db48x.net but for the moment there's a snag.

Anyone can edit these subtitles right in the browser, so I encourage
anyone who has an idea for improvements to simply do so. Consider the
existing subtitles to be a first draft. Similarly, if there is any other
information we can sync to the video in order to produce a better
presentation then suggest it here in the list and I'll implement
it. Syncing text, images, whole webpages, and audio to the video is
practically trivial, so don't be shy. If someone wants to record a
spoken explanation that would be wonderful.

db48x