[Bloat] new list: sysmom at lists.bufferbloat.net

Dave Täht d at taht.net
Fri Mar 18 12:59:30 EDT 2011

Given that the system administration load has grown significantly, and
we are planning a new round of bufferbloat.net services, there's now an
email list "sysmom" for more public discussion of what it will take to
do more useful stuff, worldwide, 24/7.

There is some planning to be done that could use more input from more
people. Among other things - we have to decide on a continuous build
system (buildbot is used by openwrt, jenkins appears nicer), a number of
virtual servers, what targets to build for, a backup system, and who can
do what, when.

Planned for April thus far:

1) 8 core build server for debloat-testing and openwrt[1]
2) Revising the web site to be more useful
3) Migration of the email list to a virtual server

And longer term:

4) Establishing an ipv6 enabled freeswitch server on the East coast
5) Integrating cross-country testing
6) We've had a few offers of servers, rackspace, and virtual space on
machines throughout the world. As to how to best use them...

7) Suggestions?

So if you care about scaling up the bufferbloat effort, please join the
new sysmom _AT_ lists.bufferbloat.net list. (And also the wiki)

--
Dave Taht
http://nex-6.taht.net

[1] The new server builds debloat-testing in 13 minutes. All of openwrt
for any given target (including the toolchains) in 40 minutes.