[Bloat] debloat-testing tree rebased, some patches dropped

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Mar 30 15:11:57 EDT 2011

FYI...

I have rebased the wireless-testing tree on 2.6.39-rc1.  As previously
stated, I plan to track the -rc and final releases, rebasing on
each -rc1.  The rebase is a little ugly/painful, but it is a good
way to avoid building-up too much cruft in a tree that isn't going
to be pulled by Linus anyway.

I dropped the patches that were already present in 2.6.39-rc1, along
with the ones that had gotten reverted in debloat-testing already.
I also dropped Nathaniel's iwlwifi patches, as the iwlwifi/iwlegacy
split made preserving them a little awkward.  Maybe Nathaniel can
post revisions?

Anyway, that doesn't leave much -- a couple of ugly patches from Dave
and me, neither likely to make it upstream.  They are looking a bit
lonely in there...surely someone has some experimental stuff that
craves an audience of testers?

Let me know if there are problems!

John