[Bloat] ipv6 fe80:: addresses, vlans and bridges... borked?

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Mon May 9 12:44:28 EDT 2011

BTW, every time I post nowadays, I get moderated on bismark-devel. Do you think you could grandfather bloat@ emails?

On May 9, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Dave Taht wrote:

> Fred/all
>
> See
>
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/issues/126
>
> which has a ip -6 addr and ifconfig dump
>
> and see if that "seems right" to you.

First, please define "bridge". To me, it's another term for an Ethernet switch, although I'm probably showing my age. From your previous email, I understand it to mean a Linux system that has IPv6 enabled on each of its interfaces. That isn't going to bridge much of anything - it's simply an interface-multihomed host. What are you calling a "bridge"?

It's really hard to comment on a random output without any statement of configuration or intent.