[Bloat] Bismark router + ecn + red tested

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:22:09 EDT 2011

I did a preliminary test of a bismark router with ECN and red enabled using
a lightly modified
version of openwrt's (nbd's) qos-scripts, doing a scp upload from my laptop
to a server at bufferbloat.net.

I artificially throttled the uplink at 1Mbit  and downlink to 10Mbit (the
measured real values are 24Mbit and 67Mbit respectively) for this test.

(there are a few other qdiscs in use, too)

I won't claim to have configured red properly but...

http://www.teklibre.com/~d/bismarkredc2d_owin.png

Look better than usual bufferbloat to y'all?

This was over ipv4. Thus far I've been unable to tunnel ipv6 out of gatech.
There is native
IPv6 around here... somewhere....

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608