[Bloat] Bismark router + ecn + red tested

Jesper Dangaard Brouer jdb at comx.dk
Wed May 11 14:42:41 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 10:49 +0200, Pedro Tumusok wrote:

> I got a Linux based router, ZyXEL P2612 (ADSL2+) and also the P2812
> (VDSL2) both got an ethernet wan port also.
> I can mess around with qdisc on it, since the web ui QoS setup just
> creates qdisc settings to correspond.

Please remember to take the ADSL overhead into account, when configuring
HTB, or else we/you don't have control over the queue, which is the
hole-point when trying to solve bufferbloat by AQM/shaping.

Simply add parameters when creating qdisc:
  linklayer adsl
and
  overhead XXX

BTW, I don't think its needed, when using VDSL2, as I think its
linklayer is not ATM.

> Its got an old kernel, with lots of patches to kernel I think, so not
> sure if its easily done to create a new kernel for it either.
>
> # uname -an
> Linux P-2612HNU-F3 2.6.20.19 #44 Wed Mar 30 10:58:43 CST 2011 mips unknown

Damm, linklayer overhead got introduced in 2.6.24.

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer