[Bloat] Strategy for consumers

jeff sacksteder jsacksteder at gmail.com
Fri May 13 20:07:44 EDT 2011

I've recent moved to an area(Frontier Communications) with a serious
bufferbloat problem on it's consumer DSL products.

Maybe I'm not looking in the correct places, but has there been any
discussion of contacting the NOC operators or network engineers at
various ISPs to make whatever remediation is possible through
configuration changes? It might also be useful to have a database of
configuration changes on specific equipment to point to in the event
that you are actually able to speak to a qualified network engineer.