[Bloat] Applying RED93 in south africa

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:16:23 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>wrote:

> > SFB is also in this release, but lacking good scripts for it...
>
> SFB is supposed to be self-tuning, so it should be enough to say
> something like:
>
>  #!/bin/sh
>  set -e
>
>  if=${1:-eth0}
>
>  tc -s qdisc del root dev $if 2>/dev/null || true
>  tc -s qdisc add dev $if root handle 1: tbf ...
>  tc -s qdisc add dev $if parent 1: handle 2: sfb
>
> However, I may have made the SFB defaults a little bit too conservative
> (leading to high stability but slow convergence), so you may want to
> make it a little bit more aggressive by replacing the last line with:
>
>  tc -s qdisc add dev $if parent 1: handle 2: sfb target 20 max 25 increment
> 0.005 decrement 0.0001

regretablly the SFB patches to tc didn't make this release of 'bismark
captown', just the SFB kernel backport to 2.6.37.6.

But as soon as I/someone can either get iproute 2.6.39 ported to openwrt, or
backport those patches from net-next, I look forward very much to trying SFB
in the lab and in some real world scenarios.

> -- Juliusz

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://the-edge.blogspot.com