[Bloat] tiny monsters: multicast packets

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:40:17 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com>wrote:

> Le dimanche 29 mai 2011 à 11:02 -0600, Dave Taht a écrit :
>
> > The kernel being used in capetown[1] is 2.6.37.6. - patched forward
> > from 2.6.39 for the pfifo ecn bug, the ipv6 ecn bug, and several other
> > bufferbloat related things like sfb...
> >

> Hmm, maybe you could try "perf top" if available to make sure cpu time
> is used in this driver, not in another layer ?

perf-top does not appear to have been ported to openwrt, and as cool as it
is, I do not know if the related performance counters exist for mips.

it would be darn useful though.

All I know at the moment is that sirq is at 99% at the given workload,
according busybox's top.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/attachments/download/33/routertest.png

It is mildly early to point at the driver as being the issue - it could be
the switch or something else entirely. Would iptables or qos rules show up
in sirq?

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://the-edge.blogspot.com