[Bloat] Burst Loss

Kevin Gross kevin.gross at avanw.com
Fri May 13 01:00:38 EDT 2011

One of the principal reasons jumbo frames have not been standardized is due
to latency concerns. I assume this group can appreciate the IEEE holding
ground on this. For a short time, servers with gigabit NICs suffered but
smarter NICs were developed (TSO, LRO, other TLAs) and OSs upgraded to
support them and I believe it is no longer a significant issue.

Kevin Gross