[Bloat] Summary: Windows file sharing

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:11:43 EST 2011

Thank you very much for staying on this.

We need to move this to a wiki page.

To clarify step 4 mildly, you need to supply a wins server across the
'secure' interfaces - se00 sw10 sw00. It is probably a bad idea to
supply wins on the 'guest' interfaces (as by default guests are
firewalled off from the secure ones - wins might work but
filesharing won't)

I will fix in rc8.

The problem on getting rc8 out the door is all the churn
going on in both openwrt (official linux 3.1.X support should land soon (?),
and both new samba3 and samba36 patches have landed),
and in the main 3.2 kernel trees, where BQL just landed (Yea!), and eric
dumazet has just fixed multiple bugs in all the AQMS (improving
hashing in particular - and maybe improving SFB), and a major
one in RED just yesterday.

And worse, going from 3.1 to 3.2 is going to be a PITA, as
much of the underlying tree structure has changed.

Regardless I'm going to have to rebase cerowrt on openwrt head after
more dust settlles, and re-apply the cerowrt-specific patches on top of
that.

I'm very tempted to put cerowrt down entirely
while all this gets sorted out. The above things are very promising
things happening that could easily consume all of my time,
that don't need to happen on a router right now.

https://github.com/dtaht/deBloat/commits/master

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
FR Tel: 0638645374