[Bloat] Plotting ping times in real time?

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Tue Nov 1 13:02:57 EDT 2011

Juliusz Chroboczek writes:
>> MTR might be what you are looking for.
> I'm familiar with mtr, and it's not what I'm looking for.

> I'm looking for something that will generate a plot of RTT against
> time over the last two minutes or so.

You really mean "last" or "next"?

> I currently run ping (without a -c argument) in a maximised window, but
> a graphic version would use less screen real estate.

"skping" was a very nice real-time RTT grapher.

http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/skitter/skping/

Unfortunately it seems to have died.  I still have a Solaris binary
lying around, and although it's an ancient 32-bit one, it still works on
my (also ancient, but running relatively recent 64-bit Solaris)
Sun^H^H^HOracle SunBlade 2500 workstation.

If someone could reimplement this as open source, I'd buy them a beer.

(Tobi, can we have a real-time version of Smokeping please? :-)
--
Simon.