[Bloat] Windows file sharing broken with RC6 ?

Robert Bradley robert.bradley1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 18:25:09 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 11:53 -0600, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> - From my wife's XP laptop, I can do a directory of
> \\<her_win7_machine> and see the shared directory, but syncing that
> directory with the laptop no longer works (i.e. My Documents)
>
> I share two directories from one of my PCs to the other.  Both are
> Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  I am unable to see \\<computer1> from
> <computer2>, and of course, can't see those directories either.
>
> Is there something I need to enable in the CeroWRT software to support this?

I may be wrong, but this could be down to Windows Firewall and its
default settings.  These restrict file-sharing to the local subnet.
Unlike most routers, CeroWRT separates wireless and wired connections
into separate subnets to prevent broadcasts from wired systems flooding
the wireless side.  Are the two computers connected to the router in the
same way?

(For reference, the default address ranges are listed at:
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Default_network_numbering)