[Bloat] DHCP-PD and cerowrt

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 07:17:40 EST 2011

Dear Maxim:

> Updated to smoketest10.
> Those features are slightly tested now. After installing the necessary
> packages, 3g and pppoe work, dhcp6c also seems to be OK, but requires some
> messing with the /etc/config/dhcp6c.conf file.

What sorts of 'messing about' were required? (please send conf file)

How big a PD (/64? /60? /56? what?) do they delegate?

With comcast starting to go live with their dual stack trial, they
only will be delegating a /64 at first,

http://blog.comcast.com/2011/11/ipv6-deployment-technology.html

which blows up the routing-only concept in cerowrt when used with
classic autonegotiated /64 ipv6 addressing. However I'd planned for
that, in having AHCP available and babel be the default routing
protocols. AHCP distributes /128s across all interfaces, and in
combination with babel, lets you move transparently from wired to
wireless domains and back again, which is very liberating and an
advancement on the state of the art in home networking.

so having hooks to AHCP and babel in there as alternative means to
distribute /128s across all the routed interfaces would be exciting.
If I knew what they were.

Regardless of this particular hook, I'd like to make dhcpv6-pd
enablement part of the next release, by default, rather than as an
optional package.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
FR Tel: 0638645374