[Bloat] what is ready for prime time?

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Tue Nov 22 19:33:53 EST 2011

I'm running the wireless network for SCALE in late January (~1800 people
with a 45Mb uplink), we will be using ~30 netgear WNDR3700v2 access points
running openwrt (or a derivitive). What of the stuff that is in CeroWRT is
considered reliable enough for production use like this? (I know that a
lot of stuff there is not)

Also, what would you folks like to have me put on the APs or network to
gather info under these harsh conditions?

last year we moved to a larger hotel and I ran fairly stock DD-WRT on the
same access points I had used the year before and things did not work very
well, but I think I ended up without having dense enough coverage so this
year I'm moving to openwrt (to give me more control) and doubling the
number of access points.

David Lang