[Bloat] CeroWrt RC6 (beta 2) ready for testing.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:37:21 EDT 2011

I have seen the new 3800 model now entering stores. Judging from the
clock rate (680 mhz) and feature set, it does *look like* a souped up
atheros based platform, and the extra ram would come in handy.

It would be my hope that this box would 'just work' but I don't know
anyone that has tried one, or what chipset and switch are in it.

I really wish vendors could be consistent on model numbers and
core features like ram and flash, as the v3 thing is going to bite us.

I mean, if these arbitrary changes in model happened to cars, we'd
see a lincoln continental switch between being a four seater and a two
seater regularly between revisions.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:
> On 2011-09-20 11:53 AM, Jim Gettys wrote:
>> We aren't willing to spend time shoehorning stuff into an 8Meg limit
>> and recommend you get a v2.
>
> Better still is the new "Premium" WNDR3800 model that has 128 MB RAM
> along with 16 MB flash, like the WNDR3700v2, for an extra ~$20.
>
> Be wary of the latest WNDR3700v3 revision as it's gone back to having
> only 8 MB of flash.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://the-edge.blogspot.com