[Bloat] Best practices for paced TCP on Linux?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 11:25:18 EDT 2012

The test HD tcp stream is up at

http://cesur.tg12.gathering.org:9094/

on both ipv6 and ipv4. They are streaming anywhere up to 1000 users,
and there is an astounding amount of ipv6 present - 73% of the room
has an ipv6 address.

I took some captures from california last night, they were
interesting. I think a few more captures would also be interesting.

One indicated throttling at the isp at t+60 seconds, the others showed
stuff dropping out for large periods of time. (170ms rtt here!)

I'd like to look into what percentage of the failures I observed
happened on the wifi hop vs the ethernet gateway
since then many changes where made, and I'm low on sleep. (what do
geeks do on a friday night?)

I don't know if they are still trying sfqred or qfq in production -
they worked! - but had little effect (as is to be kind of expected
with the instantaneous queue length being so short and bandwidth so
high on their first and nearest hops....)
On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le samedi 07 avril 2012 à 00:21 +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson a écrit :
>
>> I'll be perfectly happy just doing _something_; I don't need a perfect
>> solution. We have one more night of streaming, and then the event is over. :-)

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net